Portal Harbour Cranes – Innovative Solutions on Rails
Modern, cost-effective and, at the same time, flexible cargo handling cranes on rails that can
be integrated into existing or future transport chains and infrastructures: Gottwald HSK Portal
- based on proven Gottwald
Mobile Harbour Crane technology
- designed for use on narrow quays equipped with rails which are also used by trains, heavy goods
vehicles and conveyor belts at the same time
- ideal for use on special-purpose quays for heavy-duty, professional
Proven Mobile Harbour Crane Technology on Rails
Portal Harbour Cranes are an intelligent blend of proven Mobile Harbour Crane technology and a
rail-mounted portal instead of a rubber-tyred chassis. Above the slew ring, they have the same
components as Gottwald Mobile Harbour Cranes. In other words, this crane type offers the same
proven advantages as the
Mobile Harbour Cranes, including:
- diesel-electric or fully electric drives for optimised efficiency
- designed to handle all forms of
bulk, general and project cargoes)
- rapid change of lifting gear.
Portal Harbour Cranes can be designed in all available variants, which, understandably, includes
4-rope grab cranes for professional bulk handling.
Individual Portal Solutions
Individual portal solutions with track gauges of between 10 and 20 metres and travel clearances
of between 4 and 8 metres are developed to meet the specific requirements of the terminal to enable
unhindered movement of trains, trucks and conveyer belts under the crane, irrespective of whether
it is an existing quay or a new construction.
Convenience on Rails
- A modular construction, a relatively low overall weight, short delivery times and low specific
investment costs in both the crane and the quay infrastructure combine to make Gottwald's Portal
Harbour Cranes a logical alternative in applications for which, in the past, gantry grab cranes and
continuous ship unloaders have often been used.
- Gottwald's Portal Harbour Cranes are also the perfect choice as a state-of-the-art, flexible,
and at the same time, cost-effective replacement in terminals with outdated, less powerful,
Special Applications for Portal Harbour Cranes: flexibility on the water
and mobility from quay to quay.
Portal Harbour Cranes
The HSK 170 EG with
Special Travel Equipment